As the wonderful year of 2014 is coming to an end, let’s look back at the celebrity couples who won’t be sharing a kiss at midnight.
1. Hillary Duff & Mike Comrie: The former Disney star and hockey player husband decided to separate after three years of marriage and having a two year old son together. They remain good friends, and continue to be in each other’s lives to care for their son.
2. Robin Thicke & Paula Patton: The couple split after eight years of marriage this year, and we all remember Thicke’s album “Paula” meant to bring them back together. Also, there was the speculation that Patton left him after his controversial “Blurred Lines” video, but this was not the case. The couple met in high school in 1993, and still remain friends today after their break up.
3. Prince Harry & Cressida Bonas: After a two year long relationship, Bonas realized being in the spotlight for dating royalty was something she could no longer deal with, so the couple broke up.
4. Antonio Banderas & Melanie Griffith: The couple ended their almost 20 year long marriage on friendly and respectful terms.
5. Lana Del Rey & Barrie-James O’Neil: This break up definitely broke my heart as an extreme Lanafan, but sadly the couple broke up after dating for 3 years because Lana no longer felt free and because Barrie had some things to deal with.
6. Ariana Grande & Jai Brooks: We remember how sad we were when the young couple ended their two year relationship after they just got back together. But we all know how happy she is with her new boyfriend, rapper Big Sean.
7. Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose: Their marriage was relatively short since it lasted for only one year. Rose filed for divorce and for sole custody of their child due to “irreconcilable differences” however still gives the rapper visitation rights. There have been suggestions of Khalifa possibly cheating on Rose, however it has yet to be confirmed.
8. Jordin Sparks & Jason Derulo: Sadly, the adorable, singer couple split after two years of dating.
9. Chris Martin & Gwyneth Paltrow then Chris Marin & Jennifer Lawrence: The married couple announced their divorce in March, before Martin started seeing Jennifer Lawrence shortly after Lawrence broke up with actor, Nicholas Hoult. I remember how excited the world was when the “Martin Lawrence” ship began sailing, but sadly it sunk.
10. Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon: They married in 2008 and had fraternal twins in 2011, but decided to split up, but continue to make their children their priority.