The holidays are the time of year filled with joyous celebrations. If you and your special someone are celebrating the holidays together, here are the top 10 best romantic Christmas songs to play in the background for a romantic occasion.
1. “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” – Of course the classic, award winning song from the musical “Neptune’s Daughter” is first on our list. It is fun to sing and dance along to or just listen to while cuddling. Personally, I would go with the Idina Menzel and Michael Bublè’s version, and the video of children lip syncing the duet is just too cute to watch.
2. “Merry Christmas, Darling” – I am not a “Gleek” per se, but when I heard Glee’s cover of this song originally by The Carpenters, I immediately fell in love with it, and you will too.
3. “All I Want for Christmas Is You” – Mariah Carey’s classic Christmas song obviously belongs on our playlist because it is all about how the only part of the holidays worthwhile, is being with the person love.
4. “Santa Tell Me” – Ariana Grande’s new Christmas song is a fun upbeat melody all about having hope to see that special someone next Christmas, which I am sure you are all feeling the same way.
5. “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” – This song honoring our troops during World War II is a wonderful song to play to show how much you appreciate being with your loved ones. You will find a hundred covers of this song, but I always preferred the original recorded singer, Bing Crosby.
6. “Mistletoe” – Justin Bieber’s hit Christmas song is wonderful to listen because here it shows how the best place to be during Christmas, is under the mistletoe with the person you love.
7. “Underneath the Tree” – This lovely song from Kelly Clarkson’s 2013 Christmas album is so lovely and a great song to dance to with whomever your special gift is.
8. “Let it Snow” – Another holiday classic that is possibly the best song for cuddling during this chilly season. The earliest recorded artist, Dean Martin, has the best voice for this song, in my opinion.
9. “Santa Baby” – This seductive Christmas classic is perfect to listen to with your baby. My personal preference is Eartha Kitt’s version.
10. “That’s Christmas to Me” – An original song by the #1 hit Christmas album of this year, “That’s Christmas to Me” by the a cappella group Pentatonix, is a great song to listen to with all of your loved ones during Christmas, with their harmonious melody and loving message.