(1) Bristol Palin shocked an entire nation when, in the midst of her mother’s, Sarah Palin, bid for Vice President, she announced that she was pregnant. She tried to clean it up by announcing an engagement between her and her then boyfriend, but alas it was too late. Sarah Palin lost the election, Bristol and her baby-daddy broke up. Now, Bristol has been taking her celebrity limelight and doing what most D-list celebrities do; she became a contestant on Dancing With the Stars. She’s not the only one thriving with new-found fame, her ex, Levi Johnson, has been on many a TV show to tell his side of the story. He even claims that the entire thing was set up.
(2) Farrah Abraham is a teen mom that no teen should ever aspire mimic. She’s had some success doing porn, followed up by “writing” awful novels about doing porn. And she’s also and getting stuff injected into her face.
(3) Another teen mom always making headlines is Amber Portwood. She’s been arrested for everything from drugs to assault and has lost custody of her child as result.
(4) Jamie Lynn Spears crushed the hearts of millions of tweens when her popular show Zoey 101 was abruptly canceled. The following scandal however, was what really made the news. At the tender age of sixteen, Jamie was pregnant with long-time boyfriend, Casey Aldridge’s baby. They eventually married only to divorce 3 years later. Since then, Jamie has been MIA in Hollywood life.
(5) A true hero’s story, Fantasia Borrino got pregnant with her high school sweetheart when she was just sixteen. But that wasn’t the end-all be-all for this Grammy Award winner. She then went on to audition for American Idol and have a largely successful singing career. In between raising her daughter and singing, she shares her story as a cautionary tale for other young girls who might relate to her struggles in life.
(6) Anna Nicole Smith was a cougar teen mom; at the age of seventeen she had her only son, Daniel. Anna had a hard time in life, especially with the passing of her son Daniel and not even the birth of her daughter was enough to heal her pain. Anna passed in 2007 and his been sorely missed by those who loved and adored her.
(7) Sofia Vergara had her son at nineteen and has told the media that, “When I had Manolo, I was 19, and I had the energy for everything,” she said. “My boyfriend now wants to have kids, and I don’t even want to think about it.”
(8) Solange Knowles claims to have always known that she would have a child and family young, so it’s no surprise that she had a child at seventeen. She married Daniel Smith, her son’s father. However the couple was unable to make their relationship work in the long run.
(9) Many people forget that Aretha Franklin was a teen mom of to boys whom she gave birth to at the age of thirteen and fifteen. She still has not revealed the father (or fathers) of her sons, but that’s a little irrelevant because her career has more than made up for her poor decisions in her youth.
(10) Country star Naomi Judd was a teen mom and went on to form a successful duo group with her daughter.